Good evening from Copenhagen where things are moving fast right now (Graduation, my birthday, Clothes Swap Party, friends leaving Denmark, etc, etc) so we are keeping our menu as simple as possible! If you are in the same boat, make sure to stock up on readymeals and items for the freezer. When your energy is low or you don’t have much time, you can still feed yourself/the family without resorting to takeaway! Oh, and make sure to keep feeding your garden animals at the regular time…or else they will come knocking on your door!
Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- wholemeal pasta with in a creamy garlic sauce with red pepper, courgette, tomato and bacon
- straight-from-the-freezer pizza with a platter of fresh veggies (baby tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, peas)
- leek and bacon quiche with new baby potatoes, steamed carrots and cold, pickled beetroot
Last week’s Croque Madame (a toasted cheese and ham sandwich topped with a fried egg) with salad and chive flowers from our garden…
- chilled homemade gazpacho soup with toppings (crumbled feta, croutons, cucumber, chopped boiled egg)
- wholewheat tortilla wraps filled with kebab meat and salad
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- Good for hectic days…Danish boller i karry! Here’s how we make it…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. You will thank yourself in the morning!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95