Good morning from sunny Copenhagen where we are having some real summer weather with temps of around 23c / 73f! Now, that may not sound hot to you, but it is for us (we only have air conditioning in stores, offices and cars, not in our homes)! So we are keeping cool with our daily skinny dips in the sea…
In other news, it’s Tuesday – time to do a little “plan and play”. Look ahead to see what’s ahead in your diary, do you need to pay bills, organize a birthday party. And plan what you will be having for dinner! It doesn’t matter if you don’t stick to your plan. We don’t! Life happens, plans change. But it will give you a framework and ensure you have food in the house so you can avoid resorting to takeout. Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- barbecue pork chops with bulgur and steamed veggies (carrots, sweetcorn, green beans)
- an old family favourite for days when things are hectic: spaghetti bolognese (pasta med kødsovs as it is called in Danish)
- a big, fresh, hearty salad: spinach, chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato, cucumber and herbs from the garden
- pizza and salad, or soup and my overnight homemade bread rolls (you can see my Youtube video and recipe here)
- a “straight from the freezer” meal: Danish fish and chips, frozen battered fish fillets with oven chips, peas and remoulade sauce – we didn’t make it last week so it’s back on the menu for this week
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- Swedish Sausage Stew – another dish which I can make blindfolded! Speedy and tasty…here’s how to make it…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. You will thank yourself in the morning!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95