May the Fourth be with you! From my Instagram this morning, to give you a wee chuckle…
But it’s also Tuesday, which means menu planning! Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- homemade frikadeller (Danish pork patties) served with cold potato salad, pickled beetroot and a spinach/tomato salad
- a family favourite, bibimbap (the recipe we use is here) – we didn’t get round to making it last week so it’s carried over to this week’s menu
- family will be fending for themselves one night this week because I am out to dinner with my New Zealand friend, Kathryn, this week! Woo hoo! Our restaurants have been closed since December 2020
- it’s rainy spring weather here right now so suppe will fit the bill! Suppe is Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup with my speedy homemade bread rolls (my recipe for those is here)
- all-in-one-tray roast chicken with potatoes, carrots and onions (love that there is no work or mess!)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- And my son will be popping round sometime, so I usually make one of his favourites. Like Cornonation Chicken! Here’s the recipe…takes 5 minutes to put together! We often pad it out with salad and new potatoes.
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. You will thank yourself in the morning!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Once again – May the Fourth be with you!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95