Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen! It’s “Plan and Play” time in Flylady Land and I’ve finished making my menu plan for the week ahead. I’m also including what we had for dinner last week (for Easter break) so inspiration galore today! Remember to check your fridge, freezer and pantry to see what can be used – let’s save some money and stress! Here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- Massaman Curry which is a wonderful mix of spices, peanuts, potatoes and chicken (the recipe we use is here https://youtu.be/HXQCmXEOTEA )
- fried Danish belly pork with parsley sauce, baby potatoes and carrots
- Shakshuka with crusty bread (lots of Shakshuka variations here https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/shakshuka-recipes )
- Build-Your-Own-Burgers on brioche buns with salad and oven baked potato/sweet potato wedges
- Danish breaded fish fillets on ryebread with remoulade sauce
- clean out the fridge meal: meatballs with spaghetti pesto and ratatouille
- roast lamb with rösti potatoes, steamed broccoli and a tomato salad
- leftover roast lamb: cubed and fried up with potatoes and onions for a quick hash, served with a fried egg and pickled beetroot
- my son was here and made Thai Larb (recipe similar to the one we make is here https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/t/turkey-larb-withricenoodlesandlime.html )
- spaghetti bolognese or homemade lasagne with salad (depending on how much time we have on the day)
- egg fried rice with chicken and vegetables
- steak salad with red peppers, green beans and feta cheese
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- a twist on Shepherd’s Pie – so easy and yum! Recipe below…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner…
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95