Hello from Copenhagen where I’m making my own sunshine and enjoying my break from YouTube and Instagram (I unplug regularly to find some balance). But still going strong with my Daily Routines – the bookends of my day! Today is “Plan and Play ” in Flylady Land: I’ve finalised our menu plan/grocery list. Here’s what we’re eating at Casa Copenhagen!
- Shakshuka (lots of good recipes on the BBC website, try this one https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/healthy-shakshuka ) with crusty bread to mop up the juices
- turkey/veggie stir-fry with egg noodles, orange/soy/ginger sauce
- spaghetti Bolognese with individual bowls of mixed salad
- Build Your Own Burger with salad and oven-baked potato wedges
- a family favourite…Bibimbap! (we like this recipe https://mykoreankitchen.com/bibimbap-korean-mixed-rice-with-meat-and-assorted-vegetables/#top )
- tortellini pasta with pesto and courgette/peas – all the green things!
- Breakfast for Dinner – bacon or sausages, some kind of eggs, pancakes or waffles, fresh veggie platter and orange juice to drink
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
And if you love fresh bread but don’t have the energy to knead, shape, etc, try my bread roll recipe! Stir the ingredients together in the morning, bake in the evening. Or mix at night before you go to bed, and bake when you wake. Follow the instructions! Don’t be afraid of the oven temperature…you need it to be volcanic hot to give the rolls a second rise as they bake. (You can add some wholemeal flour to the mix but only use a little because this “no-knead” technique works best with plain flour.) Video is here …
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner.
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95