Happy Tuesday! Less than two weeks til Christmas, woo hoo! Not quite into full festive fayre yet, still keeping things simple with family favourites. Here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- “Ketchup Chicken” which is basically a stir fry of chicken, garlic, chili, ginger, lots of ketchup/water to make a sauce, served with rice and topped with chopped cashew nuts and spring onions
- homemade quiche with tomato and crab, salad on the side (this was on last week’s menu but didn’t happen)
- sausage rolls and salad and potatoes (sausage rolls are a must at Christmas in Britain…I make my own but will be cutting them larger, so they will be more “sausage pasties” size
- black bean burritos with all the usual sides: guacamole, salsa, cheese, crème fraîche
- Thai Larb (with minced chicken) made for us by my son – always so fresh and delicious! (I’m a huge fan of fresh mint and coriander together in the sweetly sour sauce)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- My son’s favourite: Swedish Summerhouse Stew – so simple and only a few ingredients! You can easily change it up by adding small cocktail sausages, sliced mushrooms, etc. My YouTube video showing how I make it is below…
Don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. It’s so nice to wake up the next day and be greeted by your efforts!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95