Happy Tuesday – time to menu plan! We don’t always stick to the plan but having it written down and basic ingredients in the fridge/freezer/pantry keeps the stress away. Our plans change, we don’t feel like eating what we originally planned, there may be only two of us eating, our son suddenly pays a visit. We need to be flexible! Last week I had planned to make my Mum’s Beef Stew in my Instant Pot but decided on the day to make a Thai Beef Curry instead (also using the Instant Pot). Our menu plan isn’t set in stone, it’s a safety net! Don’t feel that you can’t change it along the way. (If you need help with creating a daily focus for yourself, see my Flylady videos here “Plan and Play day” ) Here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen…
- Chicken (using leftover chicken from a roast) and vegetable risotto made in the Instant Pot – so easy and good!
- Build-your-own-burgers with homemade fries and salad
- Hearty salade nicoise (salad, tuna, egg, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumber, anchovies, olives) with croutons
- Spaghetti pesto with veggie meatballs
- Bibimbap – often on the menu here! We usually use this recipe for the sauce https://mykoreankitchen.com/bibimbap-korean-mixed-rice-with-meat-and-assorted-vegetables/#top
- The Danish classic Stegt flæsk med persillesovs (crispy fried belly pork with parsley sauce), served with carrots and potatoes (this was on last week’s menu but my son came to visit for the weekend so we celebrated with one of his favourite meals – beef steaks with béarnaise sauce, fries and a mixed salad)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see above) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- The first dish my husband cooked for me (when we were courting in Luxembourg in 1994!). Beef in a Bowl – yes, a rather silly name! See my YouTube video below for instructions and the story… Comfort food!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95