Happy Tuesday from dreich Copenhagen where I’m enjoying the fact that my menu plan is done – a week of easy prep meals! We put our clocks back last weekend and the early onset of the evening darkness (around 5pm) leaves me feeling very lethargic – so I’m making sure that cooking is super simple this week. I menu plan to save stress and money – having my grocery list written out before I shop means I’m less tempted to buy things that we don’t need. (If you need help with creating a daily focus for yourself, see my Flylady videos here “Plan and Play day” ) Without further ado, here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen…
- Black bean burritos with sour cream, guacamole and cheddar cheese
- Leek and bacon quiche served with salad and pickled beetroot
- Danish biksemad (hash) topped with a fried egg
- Baked gnocchi with sausage and peas in a herby tomato sauce
- A Danish classic Stegt flæsk med persillesovs (crispy fried belly pork with parsley sauce), served with carrots and potatoes
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- My Scottish Mum’s beef stew made in my Instant Pot – YouTube video with the recipe is below. All in one pot (the potatoes and carrots are steamed on the top), minimal prep. What’s not to love?!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95