Happy Tuesday from rather grey and dull but still wonderful Copenhagen! We are back to taking inspiration from the Lifesum app for our menu planning this week. I menu plan once a week to save stress and money – having my grocery list written out before I shop means I’m less tempted to buy things that we don’t need. I don’t always feel like menu planning but I’m always relieved when it’s done! (If you need help with creating a daily focus for yourself, see my Flylady videos here “Plan and Play day” ) In other news, I’m slowing getting used to cooking for only three instead of four (our son now has his own appartment in Copenhagen city), but I do have to keep reminding myself that we don’t need to cook such large quantities of side dishes such as rice, potatoes, pasta, etc, anymore! Without further ado, here’s what’s on the menu at Casa Copenhagen…
- Tuna, tomato and basil spaghetti
- Beef steaks with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas
- Mongolian stir fry beef and veggies
- Garlic roast lamb with gratin dauphinois and a tomato salad
- Chicken and sweetcorn pasta salad
- Saturday will be a takeaway (perhaps sushi) because it’ll be a busy day: I’m speaking at the Dressing Your Truth “2020 I Love my Life” virtual conference!
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
And if you’re looking for a 5 minute meal, when you really can’t face cooking or things are busy, try Coronation Chicken – a British classic!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95