Another Tuesday, another menu plan! (It’s “Plan and Play day” in Flylady Land) This week I’m going through what we have in the freezer and using that as our inspiration. It’s always good to do a declutter there from time to time. Our son (who now has his own flat in Copenhagen) will also be here for a couple of evenings, so we’ll have his favourites! Here’s what’s on the menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- Chicken, vegetable and red lentil soup with homemade bread rolls
- “Fish and chips” (breaded fish fillets from the freezer) with remoulade sauce, a big salad and French fries
- Spaghetti bolognese / pasta med kødsovs / spaghetti with meat sauce – a classic! With a mixed bean salad and breadsticks
- Pork chops with potato salad and glazed carrots
- Butter roasted Thai chicken (mix equal parts butter/red Thai curry paste and smear over chicken and bake) with a rucola salad and noodles
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- Swedish Summerhouse Stew (Lingongryta), a very simple dish which my son loves (and often cooks himself) served with rice. My YouTube video is below…
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95