Happy Tuesday! We tried something different last week for our menu plan – using recipe ideas from the Lifesum app – and it worked really well. The recipes were easy – perhaps a little too simple for our taste, though definitely great for those who are perhaps new in the kitchen – so we made some additions and substitutions but it was nice to change things up dinner-wise. And we certainly ate many more veggies and fruit than we normally do. This week we’re making some dinner dishes which are old favourites in our house (burritos, spaghetti bolognese, etc) but are using the Lifesum recipe versions (to see if we can add a little twist/make them a little healthier). So here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- Burrito chicken bowl
- Salmon and lentils in a creamy tomato ricotta sauce
- Suppe (Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup) with toasted cheese and a side salad
- Vegetable pasta with bolognese sauce
- Chicken and pumpkin red curry with basmati rice (I’m using the Hokkaido pumpkin which has been decorating our deck for the past week!)
- Thai Larb (from the Jennifer Joyce book, “My Asian Kitchen”)
- a rare treat for us, out to dinner in a restaurant for Peking Duck
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95