Happy Tuesday, aka “Plan and Play” day in Flylady Land! This is the day I plan my menu for the week and make my grocery list for Errand Day (my daily focus YouTube videos are here). Don’t forget to check your pantry, fridge and freezer to see what you have in hand before you head out to buy more! The Danish heatwave continues so we are keeping our menu super simple – we aren’t so hungry right now and we don’t want to spend a lot of energy cooking…
So here’s what’s for dinner this week at Casa Copenhagen! If I don’t specify vegetables below, we usually serve a salad or a platter of raw fresh vegetables (cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, cauliflower florets, etc) on the side of all our dinners.
- Cold potato salad with sausages in a honey/chili sauce plus a rucola/rocket salad
- Mushroom, spinach and parmesan risotto made in my Instant Pot
- Coronation Chicken Salad (a 5 minute wonder, so easy and tasty – my video is here) using some leftover chicken from the freezer (was on the menu plan for last week but we made something else instead)
- Smoked salmon with steamed asparagus and new potatoes
- Nonya Chicken Curry (a mild curry containing cubes of fried potato) with basmati rice and naan bread
- Build Your Own Burger with homemade French fries/sweet potato fries
- one day of the week is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need used up, or Danish smørrebrød (ryebread open sandwiches with various toppings)
Hope you have a terrific Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95