Temperatures are – unfortunately – now normal for this time of year in Denmark so we are down to freezing both day and night. Boo! Luckily, we have lots of candles, good music and warm food to keep us going!
Though if, like me, you are a winterbather, you’ll need to watch your step. Lots of ice on the bathing bridge… Here’s what we had to navigate this morning, in order to take our skinny dip in the North Sea – icy steps and horizontal icicles on the handrail! 😉
Brrrrrrrrrr. And, to warm up again, here’s what we’re eating this week at Casa Copenhagen:
* Crockpot pork red curry (a cheap joint of pork with a can of thai red curry soup, coconut milk and vegetables added) with rice made in my beloved rice cooker
* Smoked salmon and chive tart (I’ve got some ready-made quiche pastry/scraps of leftover salmon in the freezer). Served with a raw coleslaw of red cabbage/carrot/honey/vinegar
* Special occasion dinner: Roast lamb, roast veg, potato wedges – all done in the oven at the same time! 🙂
* Chicken in pastry parcels (readymade, straight from the freezer) with potatoes and peas
* Spag bog (spaghetti bolognese/pasta with meatsauce/pasta med kødsovs), veggie sticks on the side
* Slices of duck in creamy, horseradish sauce, boiled potatoes and steamed broccoli
* Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup with homemade rolls – again, again, again – it’s a family fave!