Autumn is definitely here in Copenhagen! Chilly morning and night, warm during the day and our apple trees are creaking with a bumper crock…
And in menu planning news, I’m trying something new this week! We’ve ordered a ‘måltidskasse‘ (‘meal box’) from a Danish organic supplier. Which means that, once a week, they will deliver a box of meat/fish/veggies which will supply our family (of four) with the ingredients for five meals. Which also means that I won’t have to think too much about menu planning – ‘cos most of it will be done for me. Also, the meal box we have ordered is child friendly in the sense that the kids can probably prepare dinner all by themselves. Ha! Double win!
What will we be making from the ingredients in the box?
* Hamburger patties with potatoes and cucumber salad
* Gnocchi with chorizo, vegetables and salad
* Beef stew with summer veggies and rice
* Grilled pork sausages with new potatoes and creamy cabbage
* Quiche Lorraine (bacon and leek) with salad
The other days this week will be:
* Wholemeal ‘pizza’ made with cottage cheese and red onion. Topped with marinated courgette strips, raw pancetta ham, fresh tomatoes and basil…
* Leftover night or ‘clean out the fridge and see what needs using’ which normally ends in a quiche or frittata
Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!