|The sea this morning…frozen!
No vinterbadning (winterbathing)
for us until the ice melts 🙁
We still have arctic temperatures here in Copenhagen, so this week’s menu includes lots of comfort food 🙂
|Me swimming at the same spot just 4 weeks ago…|
In case you haven’t heard it before, I do my shopping ‘on-line’ once a week and order everything we eat for
breakfast and dinner, the kids packed lunches for school, and things like
wine/washing up liquid/’bog roll’. This week’s grocery bill came to kr. 895
(around £99 or $ 157) – still lower than my usual spend of around kr.
1.100 – because I’m still finding a few items in my freezer/pantry that I can ‘get rid of’.
* Crockpot chicken (chicken fillets, can of condensed mushroom soup, add frozen peas at the end), in tortilla wraps, served with spinach salad
* Greek (lamb) meatballs, with Greek salad (feta cheese, olives, red onion, cucumber, red pepper and tomato), steamed rice with raisins made in my (beloved) ricecooker
|Greek salad…just need to add some olives 🙂|
* Crockpot red lentil soup (leek, potato, red lentils, seasoning, water and chicken stock cubes) with hot homemade bread rolls
* Flæskesteg (traditional Danish roast pork with lots of yummy crackling), baby potatoes, carrots and lots of lovely, lovely sovs (creamy gravy) – yum!
* Leftover night = any leftover meat/veggies I can find in the fridge, jazzed up and served as a wholemeal pasta or fried rice dish
|Fastelavnsris = Danish carnival decoration|
And, remember, there’ll be no menu plan next week as I’m taking the week off with the kids, who are on school winter break for Fastelavn (Danish carnival)… 😀
Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂