If you saw yesterday’s post Big Buns for Big Prayer Day, you’ll know that it’s a public holiday tomorrow and therefore a long weekend – hooray! 😀 So we’ve got our fingers crossed for good weather and will be taking things nice and easy…
|‘The prom’ – at the bottom of our road.
The huts out on the water to the left are for ‘winter bathers’,
there’s also a beach, a fort, a moat, cannons and a tiny campsite!
Here’s the menu for the week:
* big, meaty sausages with honey/chili/ketchup sauce, flash-fried savoy cabbage and mashed potatoes
* homemade lasagne with green salad
|I’ve made two large batches – one to eat, one to freeze|
* suppe – Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup (as a treat for DD9 when she gets back from school camp)
* lamb steaks – which have been on the menu plan (but are still in the freezer) for weeks! ;D
* homemade beef burgers on wholewheat buns, veggie sticks and a handful of crips on the side
|DD9 tucking into some freshly made naan bread/flatbread – easy peasy to make and yummy!|
* chef’s surprise = wholewheat pasta with whatever veggies and meat I find lurking at the back of the fridge ;D
That’s it – no post tomorrow from me due to the holiday. Have a lovely Little Friday and a wonderful weekend! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu plan – Thursday 19 May 2011”
I admire your organisation skills, i never really plan what we are eating and i always end up having to through strange combinations together.
Hi Sam! I can't say that I always *enjoy* menu planning – but I never ever want to go back to the old stress of "5 o'clock – what's for dinner – help!" ;D
Comments are closed.