Less than 10 days to Christmas – yippee! And the best thing is that – because I’ve been using the Flylady Holiday Control Journal (and following the daily missions) – I was able to take the kids for a visit to Tivoli last night. Because the pressies are bought and wrapped, the house is decorated and the meals are planned! ;D
Riding the old wooden rollercoaster when it’s minus 3 degrees celcius (27 fahrenheit) is a chilly thrill –
next time I should remember six layers of clothing…
Here’s the menu for the coming week. My Mum and Dad arrive from Scotland on Friday (yippee again!) and we’ll be eating out in town a couple of times and have guests coming over other days:
* Crockpot minestrone soup (my mum’s recipe is here), then breaded cod stuffed with broccoli/cheese (readymade from the freezer!) and salad – this is one of my Dad’s favourites when he comes to visit 🙂
* Glazed pork chops (a recipe from Krista at http://typical-ramblings.blogspot.com/) with green beans and jasmine rice made in my ‘where-would-I-be-without-it’ rice cooker
* Forloren Hare (Danish meatloaf). I made up a batch a couple of weeks ago, so all I have to do is remove one from the freezer in the morning, let it defrost, then cook. Voilà! Serving with baby potatoes and baby peas.
* Glazed ham (with honey and brown sugar), carrots and my yummy gratin dauphinois.
* Chicken Parmesan (from the Saving Dinner book by Leanne Ely) with tagliatelle (flat spaghetti) and some fresh, crispy green salad.
And there will, no doubt, be lots of homemade sweets, biscuits and Christmas cake too. Which reminds that – according to our Family Advent Calendar – it’s nearly time to decorate the cake!
Have a wonderful Wednesday! 🙂