It was so cold that we were able to make ‘smoke rings’ when we walked to school this morning, eek! But at least it’s sunny out, so let’s be thankful for small mercies. Our menu plans are beginning to reflect the weather – less raw veggies and more of the cooked ones. And cue lots of freshly-baked bread… Many thanks to Amy at The Freckled Hen for pointing me in the direction of this ‘mix and store in the fridge’ bread recipe – fantastic! You just stir the ingredients (no need to kneed, boom boom!), let it rise, fall, then refrigerate for up to two weeks. Just take out the amount you want and bake. Go try for yourself! Click here for (almost) instant wheaty gratification.
DD8 hard at work making funny faces on bread rolls
And now back to the menu plan:
* roast pork with apples (just a few left on our trees) made in the crockpot
* cheddar cheese and sweetcorn savoury pancakes (mix up a basic batter and stir in the cheese/sweetcorn before frying), veggie sticks on the side
* blender quiche with big chunks of real bacon on the top – yum!
* homemade pepperoni pizza (kids are always willing to prepare this one)
* chicken nacho grills – were fabulous last time so making a double batch! 😉
* stir fry of game meat (it’s the season and on special offer at the butchers right now)
* and a pasta night using up any leftover meat/veggies
Have a terrific Tuesday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Menu plan Tuesday – 12 October 2010”
yummo! making me hungry. just as well dinner is in the oven. wish we could have roast pork, but I'm the only one who would eat it. maybe I might be able to get some at Christmas. 🙂
Sam, you need to come live here – pork, pork, pork, pork, pork! My favourite is really crispy belly pork…yum, comfort food at its best! 😀
Comments are closed.