Brrrr, it sure is ch-chilly around these parts. We’ve already got the gloves out and hot choc season is upon us. Marshmallows and squirty cream optional! ;D
I’ve come up with a really nice menu plan this week…a couple of old favourites and a few new things to try. Nice, comforting, comfort food! 🙂
* Pasta med kødsovs/Spaghetti Bolognese/Pasta with Meat Sauce
* Swedish Sausage Stew (my recipe) with rice/pearl barley or bulghur made in my ricecooker
* Stegt Flæsk med Persillesovs – a true Danish classic – grilled pork belly with parsley sauce. Will serve with carrots and boiled baby potatoes
* Biksemad – aother Danish classic – cubed, fried potatoes, onions, meat topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And ketchup, bien sûr…
* (Minced) pork and peanut noodles – from the little BBC ‘More One-Pot Dishes’ cookery book.
Bon appétit! 🙂