Brrrr, it sure is ch-chilly around these parts. We’ve already got the gloves out and hot choc season is upon us. Marshmallows and squirty cream optional! ;D
I’ve come up with a really nice menu plan this week…a couple of old favourites and a few new things to try. Nice, comforting, comfort food! 🙂
* Pasta med kødsovs/Spaghetti Bolognese/Pasta with Meat Sauce
* Swedish Sausage Stew (my recipe) with rice/pearl barley or bulghur made in my ricecooker
* Chicken Nacho Grills (thanks to Rhian for pointing out this one!) with salad
* Stegt Flæsk med Persillesovs – a true Danish classic – grilled pork belly with parsley sauce. Will serve with carrots and boiled baby potatoes
* Biksemad – aother Danish classic – cubed, fried potatoes, onions, meat topped with a fried egg and cubed beetroot. And ketchup, bien sûr…
* Glazed Pork Chops (recipe via Krista) with potato wedges and green beans
* (Minced) pork and peanut noodles – from the little BBC ‘More One-Pot Dishes’ cookery book.
Bon appétit! 🙂
3 thoughts on “Menu plan – Wednesday 29 September 2010”
Diane: I'll be over today–make up the extra bed! I'll bring some wine…Yum yum to the menu! I wish I was so darn organized. It's hard to know when Bud will be over so it makes it really hard to plan meals.
What a beautiful manicure!
Ms Caboo – you are *always* welcome!
BABS: Ha, thank you so much! [She said, hiding her chipped nails underneath her blogdesk…] 😀
Comments are closed.