Oh. My. Word. Was looking back over the blog (been writing every day since 1st August 2009 which makes for a lot of stuff…) and I realised that my first Menu Plan was 10 August. Which means I’ve been menu planning for 30 weeks – go me! I certainly feel I deserve a Flylady gold star for that 😉
Some weeks the menu pan is easier to put together than others. And we don’t always end up eating what I planned. But one thing is sure, it makes for stress-free living. And that’s what we all want. Isn’t it?
- I’m driving the kids back and forth to the local Kids Cinema Club today, so it’s the old standby: pasta med kødsovs, pasta with meatsauce, spaghetti bolognese. I set the dinnertable this morning and the bolognese sauce (I made a double portion last time we had it and stashed it in the freezer) is defrosting. So we’re ready to rock’n’roll as soon as we get through the door.
- I didn’t make Silvana Franco’s Sticky Pork Chops in the crockpot last week, so we’re having them tonight. Rice, spelt or pearl barley cooked in my ricecooker to go with it.
- DH and I are out to an office dinner – hooray for posh dining! Making crockpot lasagne for kids and their babysitter. Ben and Jerry’s icecream for pud. Lucky sitter! 😉
- The Dinner Diva, a.ka. Leanne Ely’s “Greek Turkey Burgers” and lots of salad. Another dish which didn’t make it to the table last week. Still chuckling at Leanne’s twinning of the two bosom buddy countries… 🙂
- Baked ham with creamy gratin dauphinois and peas.
- Scout night = always a quick and easy dish. Danish meatball and dumpling soup (from freezer section at supermarket). Just add fresh, chopped carrots and stock. And enjoy kids’ happy faces 🙂 Homemade bread to go with it.
- Probably roast chicken. Always gets eaten up and it’s a nice, comforting smell to come home to. And baked potatoes and salad.
That’s all for this week folks. Happy ‘Little Friday’! 🙂