Autumn is officially on it’s way. I know this, because the new Ikea catalogue came through the postbox yesterday 🙂
Now, I’m not an autumn fan. The changing colours of the leaves doesn’t really do anything for me. In an ideal world, it would constantly be spring (like my personal colour ID). All that fresh produce, everything beginning to bloom in the garden, bright mornings and long evenings – together with a dash of summer’s heat and winter’s cosiness.
Anyway, the Flylady says to fake it till you make it, so I’m making a list of all the things I actually DO like about autumn:
- lighting even more candles (in Denmark, we use candles all year round)
- using our wood-burning fire in the living room (even a few bits of kindling is enough to brighten up a dark and dreary afternoon)
- concert season has started (no, not opera, ballet or serious theatre for us – we ‘heart’ rock concerts)
- going out with the girls on a more regular basis now that everyone is back from summer holidays
- making our Christmas cake (a family tradition, we make it during the autumn school holiday in mid-October and feed it once a week with Drambuie after that)
- putting the sewing machine to use (maybe this year I’ll actually get round to starting and finishing those ‘handmade’ Christmas gifts)
- doing lots of baking (in an attempt to use up the eating/cooking apples from the garden)
And lastly – and perhaps the best one of all – an e-mail from the Flylady towards the end of October, inviting me to get a cup of something “warm and wonderful”, to pull out a notebook (or, in my case, my Holiday Control Journal started in 2006) and start planning for Christmas…
4 thoughts on “Time marches on”
Oooh I love Autumn, the crunchy leaves underfoot, the bite of the wind (sometimes!), Halloween, getting out my favourite jumpers and warm winter jackets, other than Spring it's my favourite season!
This will be my first year in using Flylady to help me plan Christmas and I'm looking forward to it! If we're really lucky we may even have a house-move to Crieff before then. *fingers crossed* 🙂
I'm an Autumn girl too -even though it means back to work for me!
Will there be a post with your holiday cake recipe? Any cake that needs alcohol is a cake that interests me! LOL
I LOVE AUTUMN! Summer is too hot!
By the way do you like Def Leppard? They are from (very near to) where I am from originally!
Are you 'autumn' girls also 'autumn' in your skin colouring? (Have a theory about that…)
Hmm, no, can't claim to be a Def Leppard fan – I'm more rock than heavy!
Comments are closed.