Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen where it’s Potato Week – the autumn break. A little light-hearted fun in today’s YouTube video…remember these?! Were you a Brownie, Guide or Scout – then you probably have some of these merit badges. But can you name them all? Spoiler: I got a lot of them wrong, ha ha! Grab a pen and paper and come join me – let’s see how many you can name… And, gosh, if you can guess the frog or Noah’s Ark correctly, you deserve a prize! I’ll put the answers at the very end of this post…
In other news, I’m keeping up with my daily and weekly routines!
Need a run through of the Flylady system? See my Flylady Refresher Course playlist
ANSWERS ARE HERE!
MY BROWNIE GUIDE BADGE COLLECTION (from the 1970s)!
- Bee – Thrift (I should have remembered that one, being a Canny Scot! LOL!)
- Saucepan – Cook
- Pixie/Elf – Jester
- Open Book – Book Lover
- Scroll/quill pen – Writer
- Scissors – Needlework
- Goalposts/Fire guard – Home Safety
- Frog – Swimmer (never would have guessed that!)
- Teacup/Saucer – Hostess
- Girl Standing – Athlete
- Magnifying Glass – Collector
- Arrow – Pathfinder
- Brush – House Orderly (a Flylady in the making! LOL!)
- Cat – Animal Lover
- Oval yellow badge – Venture
- Pencil – Artist
- Noah’s Ark – Toymaker (never would have guessed that one either!)
- Oval green badge – Journey badge (road)
- Green Dancing Sprite is actually a Brownie!
- 1975 World Venture patch – couldn’t find much info but can see they are being sold on Etsy! LOL!
- Rectangle badge with two yellow bars – Sixer 211th Edinburgh pack
Hope you enjoyed a trip down memory lane! Have a wonderful day!