Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen where the weather has suddenly changed, we’re well above freezing and supermarkets are awash with spring plants, woo hoo! (The official start of Danish spring is 1 March but sometimes our weather takes a while to catch up…)
It’s Flylady “plan and play” day: I’m paying a bill (most of ours are automatic these days), planning “play” with friends and family. And, of course, planning this week’s menu. Here’s what we’re eating at Casa Copenhagen!
- first off, a heads-up that it’s Waffle Day on 25 March (this Friday) so we’ll probably have an assortment of hams/cheeses/veggies and waffles! I have a Swedish waffle maker and love the little heart shapes… (see above)
- homemade beef burgers with onions and cheese, oven baked potato wedges and a simple salad
- didn’t make my husband’s signature dish, Creamy Baked Salmon, which we had originally planned for last week so that has been pushed forward to this week (wken my daughter comes round for diner) – video on how we make it is right here
- spaghetti bolognese, aka pasta med kødsovs in Danish. I use a jar of Dolmio sauce – quick and simple. Garlic bread and veggies on the side. One of my “go to” meals when life is hectic (I keep all the ingredients in my freezer pantry)
- roast chicken with broccoli and gratin dauphinois
- potato gnocchi with mushrooms, garlic, spinach, white wine, cream and parmesan (there’s a good simple recipe for that here https://simplyhomecooked.com/creamy-mushroom-gnocchi/ )
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- And just for fun…here’s a video I made about Danish breakfast chocolate! Do you have something similar where you live? Slices of thin chocolate, all ready to be placed on bread…
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to!
Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane