On Tuesdays (Flyady “Plan and Play”) I plan our menu for the week ahead. I don’t always enjoy doing it, but, oh, how I enjoy it when it’s done! Here’s what we’re eating at Casa Copenhagen this week…
- creamy coconut daal with rice (I have a really nice recipe here, super tasty and it’s frugal, vegan and very speedy)
- chicken pastry parcels (straight from the freezer) with potatoes and carrots
- leftover homemade quiche from the freezer with a mixed salad and pickled beetroot
- breaded pork chops with stir-fried vegetables and couscous
- out for dinner to celebrate our “wee” girl’s birthday – she’s turning 20, woo hoo! Probably Peking Duck
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and one of my hubby’s signature dishes…creamy baked salmon! So simple and quick, just four ingredients. Great for a midweek meal and fancy enough for guests. Here’s how to make it…
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to!
Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane