Happy Wednesday! Here’s what we’re eating at Casa Copenhagen this week:
- fish fillets (breaded plaice from the supermarket) with homemade parsley sauce (I keep leftover sauce in the freezer) and oven-roasted root veggies. Chop, sprinkle with salt and pepper, herbs and oil: this week will be potatoes, carrots and Jerusalem artichokes (which are in season here right now)
- Medister (Danish “ring” sausage) with warm, pickled red cabbage, potatoes and homemade creamy gravy (I keep leftover gravy in the freezer)
- pizza and salad
- leftover beef roast in the freezer so will slice it finely for a steak salad: rucola, fried leftover potatoes, fried onions, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, chili (and lots of Goma dressing for me)
- chicken parmesan in a tomato sauce with tagliatelle (I cooked a double batch of chicken last time and froze half), this recipe is very similar to what I make
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and another old family favourite – my Dearly-Departed-Danish-Mother-in-Law’s Thai Shrimp. Easy, quick and delicious! On the table in 10 minutes, another fantastic mid-week meal! (Don’t like shrimp/prawn or want to make it vegetarian? Cauliflower is a great substitute!) Here’s how to make it…
Do you have a special sausage in your part of the world? Here’s our medister – the Danish “ring” sausage which is easiest to cook by putting skewers through it…makes it much easier to turn over in the frying pan! We always eat it with pickled red cabbage (available in large jars and tubs in Denmark).
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to! Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my full recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95