I’m trying to keep going with my basic Routines while war is being waged on our European neighbour, Ukraine. Here’s what we’ve been eating at Casa Copenhagen this week:
- Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day = pancakes
- Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup (or suppe as it is called here in Denmark) with homemade cold-risen bread rolls (just mix, leave to rise for at least 6 hours, scoop out and bake – click here for my easy recipe)
- one of my YouTube subscribers gave me some wonderful ideas for my Instant Pot risotto so we will be having Risotto alla Milanese (saffron) this week
- one night I am out this week so hubby will be fending for himself
- tarteletter (a Danish classic), small tart cases filled with a homemade chicken, carrot and onion creamy sauce, potatoes and salad
- haven’t made Thai Larb for a while so trying spicy lamb larb with vermicelli and herb salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto (see my Instant Pot recipe here) or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and an old favourite, a twist on Shepherd’s Pie – here’s how to make it!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family! We all need something to look forward to! Want help with your Flylady Routines? See my Flylady Refresher Course!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95