Happy Tuesday – time for a bit of menu planning! Set your timer for 10 minutes, enjoy a cup of tea or chilled water and get going! Here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen (still working through what we have in our freezer/pantry this month)!
- Mongolian beef with rice and mixed beans – I make a recipe similar to this one https://lifesum.com/nutrition-explained/recipe/mongolian-beef
- tortellini with mushrooms and spinach in a creamy, garlic/chili sauce, lots of parmesan cheese on top
- frikadeller (Danish meatballs) with flødekartofler (potato gratin dauphinoise) and pickled beetroot
- Swedish cheese pie Västerbottenpaj (I have one in the freezer) served warm with a spinach/apple/nut salad. We sometimes eat it with smoked salmon, dill, crème fraîche, chopped red onion and Danish caviar (lump-fish roe). The Swedish Västerbotten cheese is quite similar in flavour to parmesan (you can read about the cheese here)
- out to dinner for hubby’s birthday with the kids – trying a new restaurant in the city, woo hoo!
- got quite a lot of minced beef left in the freezer so will make Build Your Own Burgers with homemade fries
- made a batch of Chicken Parmesan recently and froze half, will serve with pasta
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and I’ll be making a batch of “raw balls” this week, using up some of the dried fruit we have leftover from Christmas (dates, apricots, etc)! A great snack!
Remember when planning menus to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Check what you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry before you shop. And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95