Happy Tuesday! The day I do a spot of “plan and play”. Plan our week’s menu and plan a little bit of fun for the future! Last week I met up with my friend Susanne for a cup of tea in one of Copenhagen’s cafés. Nice to catch up with her and chat about work, family and Dressing Your Truth! (Susanne is a type 4/1 and I’m a 1/4!)
But, without further ado, here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- roast lamb with roast potatoes (all done in the oven together) and stir-fried veggies
- I’m out to dinner one night this week with my good friend, Anne-Marie, and we’ll be having cocktails and Italian food, woo hoo! (I planned this a couple of Tuesdays ago, on “plan and play” day…)
- Swedish cheese pie Västerbottenpaj (we had it a few weeks back, I froze half to eat later) served warm with smoked salmon, dill, crème fraîche, chopped red onion and Danish caviar (lump-fish roe). The Swedish Västerbotten cheese is quite similar in flavour to parmesan (you can read about the cheese here)
- potato gnocchi with in a creamy garlic, mushroom, spinach and bacon sauce, lots of parmesan on top
- smoked haddock fillets cooked in milk/cream and light curry, and served with baby potatoes and carrots
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and at this time of the year, comfort food is always welcome! Have you ever tried Burning Love?! Brændende Kærlighed – a Danish classic…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And remember when you’re planning your menu this week to plan a little bit of fun for yourself and your family!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95