Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is off to a great start…I can’t believe how fast the days are passing by, and how very dark it is these mornings in Copenhagen! But, hey ho, my menu plan is written so it’s all good! If you’re new to menu planning, then don’t go overboard… If you eat a lot of take out and ready-meals then just start by adding one or two days a week where you cook from scratch. I cook most of our meals but “plan” for a takeaway or restaurant visit once every couple of weeks. Keeps the cost down and makes it more of a treat. Last week we meet up with our kids and went to the cinema (saw “The Royal Game”, a German movie based on the novella by Stefan Zweig) and then ate dinner at a vegan restaurant in the city’s Latin Quarter. Very hygge!
But, without further ado, here’s what we’ll be eating this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- I’m testing out cooking smaller meals (hubby and I are empty nesters so it’s just the two of us now): pasta in the Instant Pot (all in one pot method) with Danish frikadeller (meatballs)
- hubby is out to dinner one night this week, so I will be the Queen of the Remote Control and will enjoy something straight from the freezer, hooray!
- herby karbonader (Danish pork patties) in a creamy sauce with cranberries and baby onions, served with homemade fries (and homemade sweet potato fries for me)
- beef stroganoff with mushrooms (made in my Instant Pot using the slow cooker function) with buttered mash
- pork chops with rösti potatoes and a mixed salad
- as was the case before both of our kids moved out into their own flats, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- and a very old favourite which the kids always loved and which is great for a very speedy supper – Swedish Sausage Stew (Svensk pølsegryde) served with rice…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And enjoy a little of what you fancy! My son came round to visit last weekend and we bought a delicious chocolate cake from a local baker…
Hope you have a wonderful day. Remember when you are planning your menu to plan a little bit of fun for yourself!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more menu planning inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95