Happy Wednesday! As I mentioned in my last menu planning post, dear hubby and I are now officially EMPTY NESTERS…and loving it! Menu planning is certainly a little different with just the two of us. Not challenging – it’s actually more freeing as we enjoy more of our favourite things! However, our kids are only a stone’s throw away (they both have apartments in the city centre) so I have a few things in the freezer, should they phone to say they are coming over to visit. And talking of visits…it was wonderful to be back in Edinburgh, visiting my dear old Mum after one whole year! We enjoyed a lot of good meals in our five days together! But back to Copenhagen…here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- lamb sausages with mustard, mashed potatoes and stir-fried veggies
- spaghetti carbonara with crusty garlic bread and salad
- steaks with oven-baked potato wedges, béarnaise sauce and a spinach salad
- stegt flæsk (Danish classic – crispy pork belly slices) with parsley sauce, potatoes and carrots
- smoked haddock, poached in a creamy, curry sauce with sugar snap peas and fried potatoes (using the leftover potatoes from the pork belly, I chop and fry in olive oil with onions and garlic)
- homemade quiche (leek and bacon) served with salad and pickled beetroot
- as was the case before the kids both moved out, one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- …and I’ve recently been treating myself to one of my favourite desserts…Danish Monkey Food (I love my ‘just-for-me’ version with raspberries, banana and milk chocolate)!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forgot to leave the kitchen tidy when you leave it!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95