Happy Tuesday! My dear hubby and I are now officially EMPTY NESTERS, woo hoo – our daughter is settled in her new apartment and is thriving there! If you missed that news, see yesterday’s YouTube video. So this week’s menu plan is rather different…a menu for “just the two of us”, as the song goes! Though fear not, I do, of course, have plenty of options in the freezer/pantry should the kids pop by… Without further ado, here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- fried duck breasts with garlic courgettes, mashed potato and lingonberry sauce
- gnocchi with pesto, parmesan and sausage
- tinned haggis (from the pantry) with steamed carrots and baby potatoes
- leftover chicken curry (I have a double portion in the freezer) with basmati rice, naan bread and mango chutney
- creamy beef, bacon and oyster mushroom stew with baby potatoes – a “one pot meal” made in my Instant Pot on the slowcooker function
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings) or the very occasional takeaway
- …and if you are like me, love to eat freshly-baked bread, but without all the work – these are the easiest rolls ever! Make sure to follow the instructions to the letter…plain flour and oats, and fire your oven up to the hottest temperature (necessary for them to rise as they bake)!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! Hope you have a wonderful day!
LLAP! Hugs! Diane
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95