Happy 1st June from sunny Copenhagen, the official start of Danish summer! Tuesdays are the day I do my “plan and play”: checking my diary to see what lies ahead (my daughter’s High School graduation, thinking about summer vacation), checking my bank statement, connecting with friends to see when we can meet up. We have just finalised the date for our next Clothes Swap, woo hoo! And this is also the time I plan our menu for the week ahead…here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- suppe which is Danish meatball, dumpling and carrot soup, served with hot, crusty bread
- pizza and salad to celebrate our daughter’s last official day of High School (she is on “study leave” after that and graduates at the end of June) and frugt salat (Danish Fruit Salad which contains chocolate…) for dessert. My recipe video for frugt salat is here
- a “straight from the freezer” meal: Danish fish and chips, frozen battered fish fillets with oven chips, peas and remoulade sauce
- and, once again, Massaman Curry (a family favourite: mild Thai curry with coconut, potato, chicken and peanuts) – the recipe we use is this one
- Croque Madame with a side salad (Croque Madame is a toasted cheese/ham sandwich topped with a fried egg)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- and as it is Danish Father’s Day here on 5 June (the date is fixed and is the same day as Danish Constitution Day), we will probably make one of my hubby’s favourites…brændende kærlighed = Burning Love! Here’s how to make it…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. You will thank yourself in the morning!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95