Hope you all had a great weekend! Hubby and the kids took me out for dinner on Sunday and I chose one of my favourite spots in Copenhagen’s Meat Packing District for dim sum and cocktails! Cheap and tasty…what more do you want? [said the canny Scot]
It’s Tuesday, which means our focus is “Plan and Play”. Look at your calendar, see what is coming up, plan your menu for a few days ahead (don’t go overboard or think you have to plan the perfect menu: aim to have food in the house to feed yourself/your family). And plan a little play for yourself! In other news, we have another public holiday coming up here in Denmark – Kristi Himmelfart (Ascension). Many Danish holidays follow the Christian calendar. So schools and many workplaces are closed both Thursday and Friday.
But, without further ado, here’s this week’s menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- tomato and cheese baked gnocchi with a spinach salad
- “fish and chips” using frozen fish fillets straight from the freezer, oven baked potato wedges, remoulade and salad
- breaded pork chops with homemade gratin dauphinois and broccoli
- tinned haggis with carrots and potatoes
- family will be fending for themselves one night this week because I am out to dinner with my Danish friend, Susanne (we organised this last week, on Plan and Play Tuesday)
- satay beef pasta (from one of the Saving Dinner cookbooks)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- And as we have a very long weekend coming up, I’m thinking I’ll do a spot of baking and this cake is super simple and uses only a few ingredients! Swedish Fishwife’s Cake…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner. You will thank yourself in the morning!
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95