Happy Tuesday from Copenhagen where the sun has been shining for two days in a row and everything is in bloom – hooray! Tuesday is “Plan and Play” time in Flylady Land and this is the day I plan our menu. Check what you have in your cupboards, fridge and freezer, look at your calendar and sit down for 10 minutes and jot down a few ideas. The idea is to save time, money and stress come dinner time… Without further ado, here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- baked potato gnocchi in a sausage tomato sauce with a side salad
- Bami Goreng, an Indonesian fried noodle dish (similar to Nasi Goreng which is made with rice) – there’s a basic recipe here https://www.kikkoman.co.uk/recipes/all/bami-goreng/
- build-your-own-beef-burger with oven baked potato wedges and all the trimmings
- minestrone soup and a sandwich
- homemade asparagus and feta quiche served with baby potatoes and pickled beetroot
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- and a Danish classic, “Boller i karry” which is basically pork meatballs in a light curry sauce. Easy and speedy midweek meal!
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner.
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95