Happy Tuesday – also known as “Plan and Play” time in Flylady Land. We’ve planned this week’s menu and most of it will be cooked by our DD19 (Dear Daughter, aged 19) who wants to learn how to cook our family favourites. (She’s finishing High School this summer and planning to move into her own apartment/start at Copenhagen University in the autumn.) Don’t forget the “play” part in Flylady Tuesday! I’ve been in touch with my good friend Kathryn (from New Zealand) and we have arranged to go out for cocktails and dinner when the Danish restaurants reopen after Lockdown on 6 May. Woo hoo! But without further ado, here’s the menu at Casa Copenhagen!
- Butter Chicken with basmati rice and naan bread (we follow this recipe and double the spices, use about half the cream suggested https://www.recipetineats.com/butter-chicken/ )
- wholemeal pasta Spaghetti Carbonara with a spinach salad on the side and homemade bread rolls. My speedy dinner rolls recipe is below
- homemade leek and bacon quiche served with baby potatoes, pickled beetroot
- black been burritos with salsa, crème fraîche, cheddar cheese and guacamole
- some kind of Thai curry…we keep coming back to this one, Massaman Curry (with coconut milk, peanuts and potatoes), as it is easy, warming and very speedy on a weeknight! (Video recipe here https://youtu.be/HXQCmXEOTEA )
- Duck Confit (from a tin) with red cabbage and roast potatoes
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, risotto or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings), or we might get a takeaway
- and the first dish my husband cooked for me when we were dating! Oksekød i fad = Beef in a Bowl! Recipe below…
Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, Sweetie! And don’t forget to clean up as you go along, and “close” the kitchen when you have finished eating dinner.
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95