Happy Tuesday from tropical Copenhagen where the hot and sunny summer weather has returned (for two days at least), woo hoo! Enjoyed my breakfast skinnydip seaswim with one of my Besties…in my thermos this morning was scrambled eggs with sweet chilli sauce, mashed avocado, coriander and ryebread. My Scottish Grandad used to tear up his bread and put it on top of his soup, calling it “ducks on the pond” and I do the same! I often tear up a slice of ryebread and add it to any leftovers I’m eating (pads out the meal and gives you lots of fibre).
We’re trying something different this week for our menu plan. One of my kids has an exercise/food tracker app called Lifesum which suggests meals according to your goals (performance, build muscle, etc). From what we’ve seen so far, the recipes are very easy to make (great for novice cooks), use readily available ingredients and are quick to assemble. Sounds good! Let’s see if we use it beyond the one month’s paid subscription… So here’s what’s on the menu this week at Casa Copenhagen!
- Shakshuka with red lentils
- Chicken with asparagus, cream cheese and new potatoes
- Crunchy salmon (the crunch coming from chopped almonds/apple) with stirfried broccoli and spinach
- Mongolian beef and jasmine rice (we added aubergine/red pepper) We made this last night, took only 20 minutes from start to finish.
- Tuna, avocado, spinach and egg salad
- Honey ginger chicken rice bowl (with kale, mixed veggies)
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95