The kids have been back at school for a week (DD11 is now in 5th grade, DS13 is in 7th, eeeeeeek!) and autumn is slowly but surely making its presence felt in Copenhagen (yep, there is dew on our bikes in the morning). Yesterday I felt kind of sad that the summer is coming to an end but, on the other hand, when I had a swim in the sea this morning (where the water temperature is also plummeting), it was actually quite thrilling to think about the winterbathing season ahead. Time to look out my heavy, green bathing robe and put the white summery one back in the wardrobe! 😉
But hey, no faffing around, I’ve commited myself to getting back on the blogging wagon (and, more importantly, the menu planning wagon) so let’s cut to the chase and see what we are/have been eating at Casa Copenhagen this week!
* Swedish meatballs with homemade creamy lingonberry sauce, rice (made in my beloved rice cooker) and a salad of raw grated red cabbage/carrot and pomegranate seeds
* Out to dinner with my friend and his kids who are spending their holidays with us…
* Chili con carne made in my crockpot, served with crème fraîche, cheddar cheese and warm tortilla chips
* Medister (Danish pork sausages) with wholemeal pasta and steamed broccoli
* Biksemad (Danish hash of fried cubed beef, potato and onion), topped with fried eggs and lashings of beetroot and ketchup
* Nice juicy steaks with béarnaise sauce, a green salad, lots of homemade french fries and gallons of red wine
* Readymade chicken cordon bleu (from my ‘I-don’t-have-to-cook-everything-we-eat-from-scratch’ stash in the freezer) with any leftover veggies from the fridge
2 thoughts on “Menu plan – Tuesday 20 August 2013”
I have missed your meal planning posts! Everything sounds wonderful. Yum.
Mwa, thanks! 🙂
Comments are closed.