Only a few days to go until the first Sunday in advent, the official ‘kickoff’ for Christmas, hooray! Menu planning is still my least favourite Flylady habit but I have to say that, at times like these – when our calender is CRAZY busy – I just love having it thought out in advance. It’s like a big comfy safety net 🙂 And this week I’m in for a real treat. One night we’re going to friends for dinner. And DS11 has been roped into cooking not one but two meals for us. The little lamb.. ;D
|Here he is in action, making pasta from scratch 🙂|
Without further ado here’s what’s cooking at Casa Copenhagen this week:
* Jambalaya (rice, onion, garlic, red pepper, spicy sausage, prawns) – DS11 found the recipe in a ‘cookbook for boys’ and wanted to try it, so he’s cooking it for us
* Spaghetti Carbonara – another recipe that DS11 found in a ‘cookbook for boys’, so he’s making that for us too!
* Wholemeal pizza with chicken and shallots (readymade pizza bases that we’ll top ourselves) with carrot and cucumber sticks on the side
* out to friends – yippee! Great company, good food and no work for me! 🙂
|Nothing hits the spot like blue gin with tonic and lots of ice!|
* roast chicken (simple and yummy) with a risotto of bulgur wheat/carrot/cabbage/garlic made in my (beloved) rice cooker
* spaghetti bolognese/pasta med kødsovs/spaghetti with meat sauce made in my crockpot: one ‘flatpack’ of mince that I precooked and have stashed in the freezer, one bottle of Dolmio tomato sauce. Dump and go! 🙂 Spinach salad on the side.
|When I cook pancakes for school, I use two frying pans to save time…|
That’s it, bon appétit!
Hope you have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday! 🙂