Our summer holiday in the south of France is fast approaching and I’ve made a start on the preparations. Put the newspapers on hold while we’re away. Picked up currency (Euros) from the bank. Gathered a small supply of medicines and toiletries. Started putting aside towels, undies and nightwear that are ‘past their best buy date’ to wear then toss at the end of our trip, giving us more space in our suitcases for souvenirs! 😉
One of the things the kids look forward to is finding surprises in their travel backpacks, things to keep them amused on the journey. It’s become one of our holiday traditions 🙂 We’re flying to France, so here’s what they’ll have for the plane journey:
- a small pack of pens and a blank notebook
- new puzzlebook
- reading book or comic
- Nintendo plus a new Nintendo game (they get one at Christmas and one during the summer)
- headphones – for use with the Nintendo and in-flight entertainment
- ‘sookie’ sweets such as TicTacs, a small packet of chewing gum, chocolate covered raisins – good for relieving sore ears during landing
- toy shop catalogue – they can dream, can’t they? 🙂
- pack of cards
- coloured pipecleaners and beads for threading
- tiny pot of modelling clay – it’s amazing what it can be used for!
And you should never go on holiday without your favourite cuddly toy…
Doggy and Pikachu
For long car journeys we also take a pot of bubbles and a small ball -good for making us get out and stretch our legs during toilet stops. Just remember to fill up the tank before you head off! 😉
Have a simply super Saturday! 🙂
4 thoughts on “We’re all going on a summer holiday!”
Your children will be very happy to find all that surprises 🙂
The song is very cute.
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAY 🙂 !!
Yes, enjoy! I've always wanted to go there… one day! 🙂
i love your idea about packing items past their use by date. less washing when you get home too 🙂
Hi girls! 🙂 Did you see that I'm doing packing for the holiday as a new Scaredy Cat Challenge? Only two weeks to go – eek! LOL
Comments are closed.