Another Tuesday, another menu plan! (“Plan and Play day” in Flylady Land) This week Danish schools and universities are closed for the autumn break – kartoffel ferie (“potato holiday”). It was traditionally the week that kids would be required to help harvest potatoes – those days are long gone but we still call it that! Here’s what’s on the menu at Casa Copenhagen…
- Warming gnocchi in a herby tomato and sausage sauce
- Homemade quiche with bacon and courgette, served with a salad
- spaghetti bolognese (I made a double portion of meat sauce last week and froze it)
- pork medallions in a creamy balsamic sauce with broccoli and roast potatoes
- one day of the week for us is usually leftovers, a frittata/quiche made with any veggies which need using up, or Danish smørrebrød (rye bread open sandwiches with various toppings)
- a takeaway or out to dinner to celebrate the holiday week
- Danish meatball, carrot and dumpling soup with homemade bread rolls (one of my bread roll recipes is below)
Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! And remember to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple, Sweetie!
LLAP! May the Danish hygge be with you! Hugs!
Need more inspiration? See my recipes and crafts playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxIYCyTLBED8ZP5_UDGRXUAvbPiuxOh95