Woo hoo, thanks again for all the brilliant ideas you have sent in for FLYLADY ZONE 1 (entry, hall, dining room ) Errand Day, self-care and gardening! I will add to the list as more ideas come in. Keep scrolling down, there is a lot of inspiration here!
ERRAND DAY OR THINGS TO REPLACE/BUY
- fresh plants or flowers for the hall, porch or dining room
- cleaning suppies
- entry mat
And here’s a nice idea for Errand Day! “Errand day pampering for me usually includes a coffee and my favorite podcast or audiobook playing in the car as I go place to place. Simple but special.”
This is my “self-preservation” bingo card. I pick a couple of ideas from the lists below and it makes me more deliberate about “taking care of me” during the week! You can click the photo, save and print or copy paste into your own document. Or if you’d like to customise, here’s a link to Canva (though you need a paid subscription to edit)
- cut a bloom from the garden/buy a single flower for the hallway
- add a flower pot to your entryway/postbox area
- “redecorate” the area with items borrowed from other places in the house (vase, candlestick, lamp)
- add a blanket for the cooler evenings outside on the porch/veranda
- use your “best” china and glasses from the dining room – every day is a special occasion!
- use one of your “best” glasses (wine, crystal) and enjoy a glass of chilled water, add some fresh mint or a slice of lemon
- set the dining table with flowers/candles, turn on some background music and enjoy lunch or dinner – alone/with family/online with friends
- hang a crystal in the dining room window or entryway
- make paper flowers to display on the dining room table
- make a wreath or welcome sign for your front door
- make a small “tableau” in the hall/entryway or dining room (some candles, a flower, a photoframe, something which makes you smile)
- diffuse your favourite scent or light a candle while doing your zone work
- listen to your favourite music/podcast while doing your zone work
- once you’ve completed some zone work (decluttering or cleaning), sit outside/in your favourite chair and read for fifteen minutes
- sit outside on your porch/veranda and read or enjoy a cup of chilled water or hot coffee
- sit outside on your porch/veranda and admire your efforts!
- take a “step back” and look at your porch/entryway – what would a visitor notice?
- clean and organize your deck/patio/porch
- declutter dead plants, remove weeds from plant pots, etc
- sweep the paths
- sweep the pavement
- prune any overhanging branches
- sweep the garage
- create a garden basket to live by the front door
- create a herb pot to live by the front door
- wash the front steps
- wipe down the front door (repair/paint any scratches, etc)
- remove weeds from the garden paths
- dust off porch/veranda furniture
- change the wreath/flower decoration/welcome sign
And if you’d like help with cleaning and decluttering in the Flylady Zones, I am here to guide you through!