My sweetie friend V were down at the beach for our daily skinny dip in the Danish sea this morning and I brought these banana muffins for us to munch on. ‘Cos it’s nice to have a shivery bite and a cup of hot tea after splashing around in water which is 3c/37f… ;D V asked me if the muffin recipe was going to appear on the blog… Well, værsgo’, here you go, V!
- 3 very ripe bananas (bananer)
- 1 egg (æg)
- a third of a cup of oil or butter (flydende fedtstof)
- a quarter cup of sugar (sukker)
- half a cup of flour (mel)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (bagepulver)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (natron)
- about 1 cup of porridge oats (havregryn)
- about ½ a teaspoon of salt (salt)
Put the bananas, egg, oil and sugar in a bowl. Mash the bananas into the other ingredients and give it a good mix.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Then start to mix in the porridge oats. I worked out that it’s roughly 1 cupful, but just keep adding them til the mixture starts to come together. Make sure it doesn’t get too ‘dry’ and don’t overmix.
Spoon into your muffin pan (I like to put papercases in the pan). I also use an icecream scoop, as it makes it much easier to get equal amounts and avoid spillage. You should get around 12 muffins. Bake at 175c (or 350f) for about 15 minutes.
I decided to do 9 large ones and 12 teeny tiny ones using the mixture. The wee ones only took about 10 minutes to bake.
Hope you have a terrific Tuesday! 🙂