The kids went back to school at 8am (eek!) on Monday, so this week’s menu is quick to prepare (we’ll no doubt be flagging by the afternoon) and uses up all those things we have hiding in the freezer. Which fits in very nicely with my Seven Minute Declutter Challenge, cos even freezers need a little TLC now and again! 🙂
Here we go:
* Chicken Nacho Grills – a great freezer/storecupboard standby 🙂
* Forloren Hare (Danish meatloaf) – I made up a batch of these before Christmas, so I only need to remove it from the freezer. Three cheers for forward planning! ;D Baby potatoes, peas and sovs (gravy) on the side.
* Roasted chicken legs with a big green salad and crash-hot potatoes via The Pioneer Woman who got the recipe from Jill Dupleix using leftover potatoes from the Forloren Hare
* Leftover Forloren Hare served with rice and Jenny’s greenbeans with bacon and brown sugar
* Pork chops and carrots made in the crockpot (perhaps with a tin of mushroom soup dumped on top) and I’ll use leftover rice to make some fried rice
* That old family favourite Pasta med kødsovs/spag bog/pasta with meatsauce, veggie sticks (cucumber/carrot) on the side. Waffles for dessert, made by DS11. He used theFlylady timer, set for 3 minutes, so he could run off and play computer between batches 🙂
I don’t know about you, but I like my waffles with raspberry jam and lots of squirty cream!
Velbekomme and have a wonderful Wednesday! 🙂